Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All The Right Numbers

Hello Internet. I have missed you. I wish I could tell you that I was out doing amazing things without you but you know that I would be lying. I was in fact, doing the opposite of amazing. I was preoccupied with that eevvvviiilll four letter word- W.O.R.K.
My numbers have been off for weeks people!
-50 ish hours work weeks
-100ish versions of the same spreadsheet
-6 ish hours of sleep a night
-Hundreds ish of miles driven

In my perfect dream world of regular work days these things are not normal.
But, all was not lost on me.

First, here is proof ...actual physical PROOF...that there are others like me out there:
Let me explain. It comes with perfectly proportioned adorable mini packages of spices. It has a CHECKLIST on the back of everything you need to complete the meal. It is a perfect packet from kitchen heaven that tells me how to make dinner--delicious nummmy dinner.
Here are the numbers I needed to become gourmet chef**** for the night:
--1 tablespoon olive oil- ah ha! I have this
--6 chicken breasts-amazing! I have like 8 of these
--red potatoes-$.50 for 5 of them!!
--fun packety thing of spices--check!


****Let me mention that a large percentage of my personal definition of being a "gourmet chef" is a) do I have to go shopping for ANOTHER random ingredient that I don't have readily available? Cause if I don't- gourmet chef!
and/or b) If I do have to go shopping, can I spend under 2$ to get what I need? If so-gourmet chef!


Believe it our not I have had all the right numbers throughout the weeks--in the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!!! Great job Kels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow speesh,

    you cook so much more than I do these days! Hooray for you. I'm gonna look so silly the next time we cook together!

    ReplyDelete