Sunday, April 11, 2010

Birthday Post! Birthday Post!

Saturday was a glorious day, a day everyone celebrated as the day of my birth. It all started with Mr. Z squinting at me from across the bed, "What would you like for breakfast Birthday Girl?" The answer to this particular question will always be the same, always. I choose pancakes because pancakes are, in my opinion, fluffy carbolicious pieces of heaven. "Pancakes!", I scream as I grab for my computer. I google "home made pancakes" and skim through the first recipe I find,
"Dad's Homemade Pancakes." As I peruse through the ingredients I think, "I can totally make that work...." My, wasn't I adorable.
Dad's Homemade Pancakes called for:
I had:
1 c. flour
1 c. flour-Doing good so far!

1 tbsp. baking powder
Ummm I have baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking soda
baking soda and baking powder are totally like the
same thing....it should be fine.....

2 tbsp. vegetable oil
This looks like vegetable oil. It says, "Smart Balance: a mix of olive oil and canola oil." That totally works!

3 tbsp. sugar
No sugar to be found in this house. Solution: open all the splenda packs we have! We can get 3 tbsp. EASY


1 c. milk
1 c. milk-yes! I totally have this!

1 egg
Also this!

1/2 tsp. salt
and this!

Despite my lack of actual ingredients, I was confident that because it was my day of BIRTH, kitchen karma was totally on my side and I was going to have the delicious fluffy carb coma I desired. Mix, mix, mix and behold!

Kelsey's homemade pancakes:


I know, I know those are. not. pancakes. Maybe, I will just give these mess ups to Mr. Z. I will try again....



Wow...wow. Well, maybe! maybe they will taste amazing! And it won't even matter! I will just put this weird seacreatureesk looking thing into my mouth and BLLLLAAAAAHHHH. iiiccckkk. Sad face.

Epic pancake fail.

But don't worry, because even though kitchen karma was against me, the amazingness of my husband and his SECRET PARTY PLANNING SKILLZ were totally on my side! He planned a whole party at the bowling alley with all of my amazing friends. Sneaky ya'll, very sneaky! I don't know what was the best gift- my awesome princess attire, people telling me that they have read/loved/CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF (okay maybe I am putting words in everyone's mouth!) my blog, or the amazing blog inspired cook books, utensils and slap chop contraptions!

Thank you to all you lovely people who made me feel like a special pretty pretty princess of the bowling alley and the kitchen on my birthday!






1 comment:

  1. 1/2 tsp baking soda:

    awwww Kelsey . . . . . . .. . . poor poor baby . ..

    ReplyDelete