Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Epic Battle

Every morning it comes down to me vs. my spatula which has assumed its position: DEATH GRIP on the left over egg bits. This battle is no match for a mere scrub brush, no! My spatula spits in the face of my scrub brush. The only worthy competitor thus far is a dirty, already in the dishwasher, have to pull it out again for battle, steak knife (OF DEATH). Oh, this battle is an ugly one, I would never wish it upon any of you. Egg bits flying all over the sink, battle scars (or scrape marks, however you want to call it) all over my spatula inflicted by the steak knife/KNIGHT. But in the end, only one can win-Sir knifesalot for the win!

Seriously people, is there such thing as NON STICK spatulas!?!?


********
On another, unrelated note, I think I might have done something horrible tonight. I don't know these things, but my guess it it is pretty much a violation of all things good and holy in the housewife handbook. Okay so, I may or may not have washed Mr.Z's DRY CLEAN ONLY suit pants with a load of laundry tonight. Unknowingly, I promise! They are hanging up now (because I assume DRY CLEAN ONLY means I can't put them in the dryer)...but I am half way afraid they are going burst into flames. I don't know what the penally for such a violation is!

My husband, the sweetheart that he is, promises me it will all be okay. But, he doesn't even own a housewife handbook so what does he know-psh!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will all be OK. But you should Google "Is it OK to wash Dry Clean Only" or "What happens when you wash Dry Clean Only?" Google will be your new best friend when it comes to creating Mrs Z's Housewife Handbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Get a stainless steel spatula. Target should have one, or Bed Bath & Beyond or something - I don't know why egg binds to most plastic spatulas so intensely (though I could probably come up with a plausible explanation), but it's crazy and way more of a pain than it's worth. Stainless! Of course this might be a problem if you are cooking in Teflon, but really you should probably stop cooking in Teflon anyways; it appears to cross the placenta, so Teflon you cook with ends up in your eventual babies.

    2)This book is great. http://www.amazon.com/Home-Comforts-Science-Keeping-House/dp/068481465X
    My mom (aw! aunt Barb!) got it for me a number of years ago, and I promise it will answer almost all of your housekeeping problems. Full of useful advice, it is.

    ReplyDelete