Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kelsey Bakes Cookies

Guess what - I had a baking win! That is right folks, I actually did not fail in the kitchen last week-weeeee. Of course, I kind of sort of cheated-I made cake batter cookies. It is kind of hard to mess up when all you do is buy the cake batter (which has all the correct proportions of baking soda AND baking powder) and add eggs and oil.

Step one-buy FUNFETTI cake batter and mix ingredients

Step two- grease cookie sheets

Step three-read in directions to NOT grease cookie sheets, then grab paper towels and wipe down previously greased cookie sheets
Notice that this paper towel indicates just how much baking I do in my house!

Step four- clean-with soap and water-previously greased down cookie sheets

Step five-read in directions to make 1/2 inch balls of dough. Think to self, how does one measure inches in a sphere, then attempt - * it is crucial that you indent dough with thumb, because it is fun and because you don't have the flour the box called for so at the end you get to eat left over cookie dough all over your fingers! **please note, calories obviously don't count on any left over cookie dough

Step six- frost yummy cookies with rainbow chip frosting. Behold the greatness:

Step seven-force cookies onto co-workers, friends, husband's friends, etc and watch them as they eat the cookies so they have to tell you they are the best cookies they have ever had.

7 simple steps to a baking win.

In other news-I have 4 whole followers on my blog!! That is almost one hands worth of fingers! -and yes, you don't have to point out that one of them happens to be my husband, he still counts!

2 comments:

  1. Cake batter cookies are UH-MAZING! Great win Kels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where's my care package with said cookies?

    ReplyDelete