Sunday, April 18, 2010

Things To Do Before I Move

This post brought to you by-my beautiful new apartment!

Old apartment:
Why Old apartment sucks:
- GIANT kitchen in center of floor plan. I have nothing against giant kitchens, mind you, but giant kitchens in small apartment = 4 whole people and fit in your little living room.
-Separated living/dining areas. When giant kitchen is in between small living area and dining area it feels like EVEN LESS THAN 4 people fit in your apartment. This is sad when you like people :)
-Teeennnyyyy tiiinnnnnyyyy deck. Seriously, I can fit like 1 whole chair out there. Oh, and we look out onto a lovely garbage bin. Beautiful.
-Many other things.....

NEW APARTMENT:
Why New apartment = years of happiness:
-Note, the fantastically appropriate size kitchen in the upper left hand corner.
-Note, the fabulously connected living/dining space. I envision 100ish people fitting comfortably in that living space. Party time.
-Big Giant Deck. Need I say more.
-Floor plan from heaven.
-Oh! and! we get an attached garage, AND our deck looks over the pool! two super awesome bonuses for us.

So now I have to start on projects. Projects I have been putting off since we moved here. Projects I would rather blog about then actually start on.

Project #-1- Sad Pantry

This is bad. I know. I hate it. Yet, I do nothing about it, I continue to throw everything I buy into my pantry without even a second thought. It has a door, so I just shut it and it is like I don't have any problems! To the right, is the upper part of my pantry, so that top shelf is like 8ft high! How does one even use a shelf that high effectively! Also note, I did at one point in the past 8 months THINK about organizing this space. Proof is in those small selfy things in the back of the middle shelf. You may or may not be able to see them for there is about a trillion things in the way. Will update yal'll on the things growing in here when I get to it. Sorry for the eye sore folks :)


Project #2-Scary Spare Bedroom/Office
This picture is blurry like in those scary movies where someone is going to jump out of the closet. This is how I feel every time I walk into this room. Mini projects to note: pile o mail on the ground on the left, sell and/or throw away giant ugly lamp, there was no space in my 4 person living room for that coffee table...so it just sits in the room collecting Mr. Z's study material. He is this room more than me, so I am going to totally blame all the judgement this picture will bring onto my housewifeness on him.

Other projects: our closet and our bedroom. Things that would bring so much judgement upon me that I wouldn't dare posting "before" pictures on here...but I will gladly post all my "after" pictures for all your praises at another time.

Right now, however, I don't have time for these things because the laundry is calling my name and my poor husband hasn't had a meal since lunch ya'll! How could I make him wait all the way until dinner to eat again ? :)


3 comments:

  1. i ALWAYS wait until i move to tackle a project! the fun part about moving is you just throw most of it away because it isn't "worthy" of the new place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! ! ahahahAHAHAHAHaHahaHa ! !
    those pictures remind me of every single day of our Middle School life at your house.
    It's like you cut and pasted the pantries at your parents' house into your new place. yikes.
    good job, Speeshie.

    ReplyDelete